Subject: Re: OpenBSD
To: Jason Wright <jason@thought.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1998 13:11:16
>> Is the request for a comparison of the code-bases (not the two groups'
>> Web pages) really so hard to understand?

>No, sorry.  T

>If you're looking for port specific stuff, then most of the post specific
>web pages have information about how they have been changed since the
>split.

>The main catalogue has everything of note, but not a direct
>item by item comparison.  That would take a book for NetBSD's technical
>changes and OpenBSD's security changes, though it would make for a good
>read.

Um, that rather presupposes that OpenBSD has in fact made significant
security-related changes _which aren't also in NetBSD_.

Which is precisely the reason I asked for a comparison of the two
codebases: to see just what is behind those claims.

Other than crypto distribution, what has OpenBSD acutally done that
NetBSD hasn't?  I mean, it's not like no NetbSD developers follow
BUGTRAQ, now is it?