Subject: Problem compiling libkvm
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1998 12:50:28
Hi folks.

Trying to salvage something, at least, and get my ps and friends working.
Trying to run make in the /usr/src/lib/libkvm directory I get the
following...

cc -O  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror
-DLIBC_SCCS -DUVM -DPMAP_NEW -c kvm.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
kvm.c: In function `Pread':
kvm.c:216: warning: implicit declaration of function `pread'
kvm.c: In function `kvm_dump_inval':
kvm.c:848: warning: implicit declaration of function `pwrite'
*** Error code 1

I have done make includes in /usr/src/sys

I've tried using gcc 2.7.2.1
and
gcc version egcs-2.92.07 19980914 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental)

I guess one (or many) of my include files are out of sync. Any pointers
as to which revisions of which includes I should be using, it'd be
appreciated.

Oh, i386 platform.

Regards
Nigel