Subject: Add new ethernet adapter?
To: None <>
From: Space Case <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1998 00:47:58
I went down to the local discount computer store today and picked up an
ethernet card.  They didn't have a big selection (but lots of what they
_did_ have), so I got the one that looked like it had reasonably identifiable
parts on it.

The card is a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card (see ), with a Lite-On
chip that is identified as:

Lite-On Communications product 0x0002 (ethernet network, revision 0x20) at pci0
dev 5 function 0 not configured

I've been looking in the sys/dev/pci directory and believe that I have an
acceptable entry in the pcidevs file, but it is unclear to me which file
I can plug the parameters in to make it be recognized, or whether I have
to generate an entirely new file for it.

Any suggestions?

Steve Allen -   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <>

A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.