Subject: Re: Sleepycat Software DB 2.x library licensing vs. NetBSD
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1998 00:32:29
> Besides, just who do the NetBSD volunteers want to support anyway?  More
> big corporate entities creating proprietary software, or people like
> themselves who are interested in keeping source code open and free?

Who said that was our goal?  Please don't ascribe your political goals
to everyone else.  It is not *my* goal to force people to make their
own modifications `open and free', or anything else.  My contribution
does not give me the magical right to require everyone else who
changes the code for all of eternity (well, 75 years) to give away
their own code.  (Well, technically speaking it does, because I can
put such terms in the license.  But YKWIM.)

BTW, if that's really your goal, then you clearly want something like
the GPL.