Subject: Serious NFS problem...
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1998 22:47:04
Hi, all.

The long and the short of it:

If I mount a directory from my 1.3.2 machine on my -current machine, I
can copy things *from* the directory to my machine without problems, but
if I try it in the other direction, whatever process is trying to write
to the remote filesystem goes zombie, refusing to die when hit with either
kill or kill -9. Rebooting is the only way to kill the process.

This just doesn't seem cool somehow... Any ideas?

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore..awake ? sleep : dream;