Subject: Re: BSD system bezels?
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1998 13:43:11
In message <199809162104.XAA00884@beaver.core.de>, Markus Illenseer writes:
> In fact, all those "stickers" and "bezels" ("Bembel" in german)
>are not given away just like this, but after a thoroughly test.

True.

> OK, I admit, your idea was not one of those stickers, but another
>one, but even so, why not?

It's worth thinking about.  My idea was to sell the BSD logos only to
people who promise to use them only on BSD machines.  The idea is that
a box that ships with one of those plastic stickies is a box that was
*designed* with BSD Unix in mind, not just some Windows box with the O/S
replaced.

Sure, it doesn't matter *much*, but it's nice to know that the hardware
was put together with some attention paid to the strengths and weaknesses
of whichever BSD variant you're using.

-s