Subject: Re: AFS/arla
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1998 10:48:04
>> For that reason, among others, I strongly suggest that the Coda
>> userland goo go into /usr/src, not into pkgsrc.

> Strongly seconded.
> You wouldn't want to put mount_nfs sources under pkgsrc either, and
> thus cripple the "base" NetBSD distribution to something that's
> useless (WRT CODA) unless you got the coda-pkgs installed.

Isn't that an equally strong argument for putting *any* of the packages
under /usr/src instead?

Not that I wish to argue either way on the specific issue of coda, but
I have noticed that the installed system is getting gradually bigger
and bigger.  "A megabyte here, a megabyte there, pretty soon you're
talking real disk space."

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca