Subject: Re: BSD system bezels?
To: Soren S. Jorvang <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1998 22:41:20
Thus spake Soren S. Jorvang
> > I migth be too, if I knew waht is a "bezels" :)
> They are the little 1 inch by 1 inch rubbery transparent thingys
> with an embedded piece of metal foil with a company logo in front
> put on random PCs by clone assemblers. PC enclosures usually
> have a little square area for this purpose on the front side.

Small nit but a bezel is the piece of plastic or metal that surrounds
a device to make a clean looking front.  At least, that's the computer
usage of the term.  Originally it was a jewelry term for the part of
a ring or watch that held the stone or the clockface.

An example of a bezel on a computer is those plasic rectangles that filled
a full 5.25" floppy slot with a cutout for a 3.5" floppy drive.

I'm not sure what the term for those logo inserts are unless they are
called "logo inserts."

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves                |  and a sheep voting on
+1 416 424 2871     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.