Subject: Re: NetBSD's ftp ported to Solaris 2.5.1 & 2.6
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/15/1998 19:38:28
Hubert Feyrer writes:
> In article <199809150106.LAA23698@wombat.cs.rmit.edu.au> you wrote:
> > I've ported the NetBSD ftp client to Solaris 2.5.1
> > and Solaris 2.6. The source code is available from:
> >     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/emul-netbsd/ftp.tar.gz
> >
> > It's a bit of a hack job, but it generally works for me.
> > A cleaner port (with support for more platforms) may be
> > available in the future.
>
> Cool!
> Would it be possible to merge these changes into our source
> repository, so one can build .../src/usr.bin/ftp on Solaris as well
> as NetBSD?

Not cleanly. I've made the necessary hacks to NetBSD's ftp so that the
differences are minimal (a new Makefile, a mod to main.c to set
__progname, and a bunch of files to implement missing functionality).

Eventually there will be a `cleaner' port, which should allow you
to use the netbsd-current ftp with a `libbsd' library which you
link against.