Subject: Re: NFS mountd hanging
To: Jon Buller <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1998 11:41:27
On Sep 12, Jon Buller wrote
> Can someone give me a quick checklist for mountd?  Everytime I boot my
> pc532, it comes up all the way to mountd, and waits for me to type a
> Control-C, then continues on like nothing happened.  Sans mountd of course.
> I figure it's something simple, but I haven't found it after some searching.

mound tries to look up the hosts in /etc/exports before going in
background. Are you sure your name server (or yp server if you use yp for
hosts names) is available at the time mountd is started ?

> Should the rc file start mountd in the background?

> Should it be doing
> something after saying "Here we go." when in debug mode?

No, at this point it's ready to anserw queries, and would have gone in the
background if not started with '-d'.