Subject: Re: AFS/arla
To: dustin sallings <>
From: Castor Fu <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/1998 14:33:00
> > Anyway, what's the closest to free I could get something to run as
> > an AFS server?

Do you have to have strictly AFS or are you looking for AFS-like

There are at least two obvious alternatives:

1.  The CODA system is a successor to AFS being developed at CMU.

    I'm pretty sure there is some NetBSD support, though it might
    be some work to support it.  I haven't tried running it yet.

2.  DCE/DFS sources are available from the Open Group, but attempts to
	port this to NetBSD are likely to involve some SERIOUS pain.

	There is a group which has gotten DCE running under Linux, and
	maybe FreeBSD at BU.