Subject: Re: can't build -current on i386, "PEXECUTE_SEARCH"
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@albedo.com.pl>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/1998 22:38:56
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Peter Seebach wrote:
>
> : gnu/lib/bfd fails because ../dist/libiberty/pexecute.c seems to be referring
> : to "PEXECUTE_SEARCH" which it defines only if IN_GCC is defined, which it
> : isn't.
> :
> : Am I missing something obvious?
>
> "make cleandir" in lib/bfd ... it may have a stray libiberty.h hanging
> around.  Make sure neither that directory nor your objdir have a
> libiberty.h.

I had the same weird problem.
pexecute.c has the following:

#ifdef IN_GCC
#include "gansidecl.h"
/* ??? Need to find a suitable header file.  */
#define PEXECUTE_FIRST   1
#define PEXECUTE_LAST    2
#define PEXECUTE_ONE     (PEXECUTE_FIRST + PEXECUTE_LAST)
#define PEXECUTE_SEARCH  4
#define PEXECUTE_VERBOSE 8
#else
#include "libiberty.h"
#endif

so PEXECUTE_xxx must be defined (they are in libiberty.h, aren't they?),
but they are not. I added all #define-s before #endif and everything
went fine.  Is that a compiler bug?

	regards

		- Adam

--