Subject: Re: NFS mountd hanging
To: Jon Buller <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1998 16:31:31
Jon Buller <jonb> wrote:

>Can someone give me a quick checklist for mountd?  Everytime I boot my
>pc532, it comes up all the way to mountd, and waits for me to type a
>Control-C, then continues on like nothing happened.  Sans mountd of course.
>
>I figure it's something simple, but I haven't found it after some searching.
>
>Should the rc file start mountd in the background?  Should it be doing
>something after saying "Here we go." when in debug mode?

If you upgraded from an older version of userland it's possible you got
caught with two versions of mountd.  There was a PR on this and the
solution is to eliminate the old mountd and setup /etc/networks then
modify the /etc/exports to use the definitions in /etc/networks.

If you think this is your problem and nobody else jumps in with a
detailed explaination and solution, I can e-mail you the setup info that
was given to me to fix this.

-bob