Subject: Re: boot problem on i386
To: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1998 04:57:51
On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to compile -current (1.3H) from 9/10 in the
> afternoon.
>
> With the old NetBSD partition ID (=165) the kernel boots fine and
> finds all devices. It complains about old BSD partition ID (four
> times) and gives me a shell. When I now fsck or disklabel or such,
>
> (e.g. disklabel -r sd0)
>
> it prints a message "ahc0: ahc_scsi_cmd: error 22 loading dma map"
>
> and hangs.

I'm having the same problem, upgrading 1.3.2 to a July snapshot. I thought
perhaps it would be fixed by now, but it doesn't look like it. My i386 box
is an Intitiative Technologies 486DX100 w/32M and VLB. As near as I can
tell, the ahc7xxx driver is not requesting memory properly, but I wouldn't
have any idea as to how to fix it.

This doesn't seem to be in the bug database, though kern/5155 is close.
Care to file a pr? I have to go out of town Sunday, until Thursday, so
I won't be able to follow up until then.