Subject: Re: installing a pkg on multiple machines?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1998 01:22:04
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:

> I have shared my pkgsrc tree between multiple machines using NFS.  I
> installed kde on one system and want to install it on two other machines.
> How do I do this?

If binary packages work right, you can build it, type "make package",
then use pkg_add on the other machine to add it.

I don't trust this; I do a make, make install, make clean, then repeat
on the other host.  too many packages are broken in binary-install
mode I think, and too many packages hard-code the full path into
Makefiles and config files at build time that trickery just isn't
worth the trouble.

--Michael