Subject: Re: README: process reaper committed
To: Ryan Ordway <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1998 17:25:18
Ryan Ordway <rimsky@teleport.com> writes:
> > I'd be interested to know:
> >
> > * what versions of kernels (and with what names) worked with what
> > versions of libraries
>
> 	Actually, the problem is that I first booted it, named
> /netbsd.BRAHMS-4 (config BRAHMS #4)... which confused things, I am
> guessing. The same kernel named /netbsd works just fine.

the only change was the kernel name, and you're absolutely sure
(e.g. from the kernel boot messages) that the correct kernel was being
booted in each case?

Do you have any programs in your startup sequence that _do_ mess
seriously with kernel variables, load LKMs (<- !!!), etc?

Does the Right Thing happen if you change your kvm_mkdb invocation to
make create the DB from /netbsd.BRAHMS-4?

cgd
Plug: Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/