Subject: Re: README: process reaper committed
To: Chris G. Demetriou <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1998 20:19:12
On 9 Sep 1998, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

: huh?  what are you talking about?
: approximately _none_ of those programs (other than kvm_mkdb;
: specifically i'm thinking: sshd, getty, sh, etc.) should be using the
: kvm database.

Excuse me, I misspoke.  The dev.db, which is built in a similar way.

: instead, you'll note that they are all likely to use db bits, which
: have recently been updated to use pread, etc.

The user was reporting problems with a non-updated libc, updated kernel, and
_only_ when the kernel was not /netbsd.

: To be quite honest, the lossage sounds like it could be from using a
: new libc with an old kernel, rather than anything else.  (that
: shouldn't be generating seg-faults, though, I don't think.)

This wasn't happening.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.