Subject: Re: README: process reaper committed
To: Matthias Scheler <email@example.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/09/1998 16:18:49
On 9 Sep 1998, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > This should fix the panics people have been seeing since the pool'ification
> > of UVM.
> I can confirm that it made 1.3H work on my Amiga.
And the same for mac68k on my Quadra 630, except for one notable
exception. The first time I booted it, it was named netbsd.BRAHMS-4, as I
was testing it and didn't want to go to the trouble of renaming things til
I knew it worked... and I got massive segfaults, first from kvm_mkdb, and
also sshd, sh, and getty on my console, which locked me out. I tried
telnetting in from my 6100, and got a host unreachable error.
It appears to be working fine while it is named 'netbsd'...
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!