Subject: Still hangs with i386 ethernet?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/1998 12:53:19
    A few months ago I was having a problem with NFS occasionally
hanging between two NetBSD/i386 boxes.  I recall other people seeing the
problem, and thought it had been fixed (unfortunately I was away from my
machines since about that time).  I just got my systems back up and
built a -current kernel for both of the i386's, and the hangs are still
occurring.

    Here's the deal:  A 486/100 with WD8013WC (we0) as the NFS server to
a PPro with DE435 (de0) as the client.  Both are running the same
kernel, based on NWSCONS and built last night from a sup this past
Friday.

    The PPro frequently hangs on NFS accesses, reports that the server
is down, then reports that it is back up, and continues this frequently.
 Running "ping <client>" on the server prevents this from happening.

    Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry

 William O Ferry  <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger: woferry@Light.RES.CMU.EDU
 http://light.res.cmu.edu/~woferry/ | talk:   finger for online status