Subject: pppd's cdtrcts option is broken!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1998 12:39:07
I'm getting this message after building userland from Sep. 3's sup:

/usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/ppp/options: unrecognized option 'cdtrcts'

What's more, it never quite workerd before, either. Apparently, chat
relinquishes the port with 'crtscts' set.  pppd would then try set to set
'cdtrcts' on the port without first unsetting 'crtscts'. If I try to do
this now with stty I get "stty: tcsetattr: Invalid argument"; pppd used
to give something like "TCIOMSETATTR: bad value". I've been using this
workaround in my options file succesfully for some time:

connect "(chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chats/enteract &&
stty -f /dev/tty00 clocal -crtscts cdtrcts speed 38400)"

It still works, too. I've refrained from filing a pr, because I'm not sure
if this is a problem with chat, pppd, or the kernel serial device support.
Seeing that it's now complelety broken, this is a good a time as any to
bring it up. Comments?