Subject: Re: isp / st problems
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Neil Hoggarth <neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1998 09:49:19
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> But if these tapes read fine on the other system but not here, I'd
> be curious if there are any related error messages to the EIO- or
> if not, wherther SCSIVERBOSE is defined in the kernel or if not whether
> you'd like to run a test kernel (some of the commands that are run
> at open time are marked as SILENT commands so if they fail you don't
> know why).

I don't see any messages from the kernel other than the one that I've
already reported (which comes and goes depending on whether I've got
your fast/wide disable fix in or not). SCSIVERBOSE is defined. What do I
need to do to make the "test kernel"? I'm happy to give anything that
might shed some light a shot.

Regards,

Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology
http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/~njh/                     Oxford University, UK