Subject: Re: 19980831 -current build failure (libg++/libg++/src)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1998 17:51:25
Your message dated: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 10:35:10 EST
>On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Paul B Dokas wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Erik E. Fair wrote:
>For sure. I managed to rebuild ld by setting 'LDFLAGS=-static', (rtld
>fails to build), installing what did build, and then building all of ld
>again (shared). After that, I was able to do a 'make build' up until
>shared libg++, as above.

I haven't had problems building ld in -current (supped several times
last weekend), but got same error for shared libs libg++ and libkrb.

I also had some temporary problems with libbfd. It compiles again, but
I'm a bit suprised by the lib's version upgrades over the weekend, from
0.1. via 1.0 to 2.0. Was that intended or accidental? (I really wouldn't
know, but thought it was likely related to the problems I had).

Feico.