Subject: Re: 19980825 (yesterday) -current build failure
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1998 10:10:20
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Erik E. Fair wrote:

: The standard "build" target does "make includes && make depend &&
: make" so if this required file didn't get built, then the makefiles
: have a bug. I do use BSDOBJDIR, but I also do a "make obj" before
: every "make build".
:
: Is the fix for BSDOBJDIR going to be in tomorrow's sup?

Hm.

This is odd.  I've used the same method that all other Makefiles use -- the
weird DIRNAME!=cd;echo|make construct.  It was copied then edited right from
egcs's Makefile.inc.

Can you do a "make cleandir" in src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils and try again with
cleaned .depend files?