Subject: Re: timed -M -F host1 host2
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mr@nhh.no>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1998 08:20:36
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> > We *really* should remove timed from NetBSD.
>
> I'd agree, but some others seem to think otherwise.

Me, for one.  I have systems that need timed service, so I run a timed
on one of my NetBSD systems, one which has its clock controlled by NTP.
It's there, it works, removing it from NetBSD would mean one more thing
I'd have to install and maintain locally.  While I can understand not
wanting to add things to the system that very few people would use, I
dislike removing items that are considered part of a "normal" UNIX
system installation, just because they're not that popular any more.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"