Subject: Re: -current kernels failing to boot
To: Skeelo <skeelo@white-dwarf.dyn.ml.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/1998 08:00:53
Well, I'm running -current as of 8/13 on my Mac IIci, and -current as of
8/15 on my x86 box, both SCSI-based systems, and no problems on either
one.

But I do remember seeing some recent changes to some of the SCSI stuff,
and your stack trace looks like your problem is related to SCSI.  One of
the commit messages made some mention of an infinite sleep, and maybe
that's what you're hitting.

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Skeelo wrote:

>  <stack trace snipped>
>
> It doesn't look md and I've tried the GENERIC kernels from the latest
> snapshot with the same results. Does this look familiar to anyone?
>
> My kernel was built on Sat Aug 15 07:17:30 EDT 1998 with freshly sup'd
> sources. Everything was fine as of Tue Jun 16 02:46:10 EDT 1998 since the
> kernel I built then boots fine.
>
> Thanks.

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |