Subject: ypbind -broadcast/ypserv broken
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1998 16:52:28
  I've tracked my FreeBSD ypbind problems down some more:  NetBSD
ypserv is not responding to broadcast requests generated via
ypbind -broadcast.  To isolate it to be a NetBSD problem, I
removed /var/yp/binding on a NetBSD client, and then tried to
use ypbind -broadcast.  From tcpdump, I can see the broadcasts
from the NetBSD client running ypbind -broadcast to
128.83.52.255, but it never receives any replies from the NetBSD
server.

  So, can anyone tell me why NetBSD's ypserv is not noticing
broadcast requests?  Or at least not handling them?
/var/yp/ypserv.log contains nothing besides ``log opened''.
I'm currently 15 miles away from the server, and other people
need it up right now, otherwise I'd recompile ypserv with DEBUG.

  TIA
  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
PhD Candidate, Electrical and Computer Engineering, UT at Austin