Subject: Shared Library wierdness
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1998 22:40:37
I'm trying to compile mozilla-19980728 from the distfiles directory on
ftp.netbsd.org, after applying the patch-aa in the package patch directory.
The 'gmake' cruises along for a while and then quits with an error while
trying to link moz-export - it says "ld: -lXm: no match".

If I type "ld -lXm" at the prompt it returns "ld: No reference to
__DYNAMIC", which sounds like it found -lXm.  If I type "ld -lXxx" it
returns "ld: -lXxx: no match".

Is there something I'm missing?  If I can see it with "ld -lXm" why can't
the gmake find it?

Thanks!  Mike.

---
A man needs a religon like a fish needs a bicycle.