Subject: Re: Bootblock Problem with -current
To: Feico Dillema <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1998 13:27:14
Excerpts from netbsd: 12-Aug-98 Re: Bootblock Problem with .. Feico
Dillema@acm.org (1721*)
Excerpts from netbsd: 11-Aug-98 Re: Bootblock Problem with ..
rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cm (777)

> With those installboot
> builds just fine, but is aparently broken. I guess that means the problem
> is not really in the installboot source, as that one hasn't changed
> so recently I think.

The last changes I did were rather cosmetical (use of
mkdtemp() instead of mktemp() and some more lint
quietening). This was on 1998/07/28.
It's of course possible that I broke something in this process,
but it worked for me when I tested it.

Can one of you tell a bit more what fails?
What sector does the NetBSD partition start at?
"installboot -v" output could help too.

> I did notice that installboot did not build
> so I used the one from my old 07/07 build.

I don't see this (with egcs). What does it complain about?

best regards
Matthias