Subject: Re: mtree weirdness
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1998 07:23:15
> mtree -def mtree/NetBSD.dist -p // -u
> missing: ./dev (not created: File exists)
> missing: ./dev/fd (not created: File exists)
> missing: ./var/crash (not created: File exists)
>
> What gives with these, anyone know?  /dev and /var/crash are symlinks,
> but /dev/fd is a directory (provided by an fdesc mount, but a real
> directory nonetheless).

/dev/fd is inside /dev, and /dev is a symlink.

My /usr and /var are symlinks, and I get tons of errors like the above,
referring to every subdirectory under /usr and /var.

Perhaps this is a bug.  I would like to get warnings about the symlinks
themselves, but have mtree deal with the subdirectories more sensibly.

--apb (Alan Barrett)