Subject: Re: Bootblock Problem with -current
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1998 16:21:23
Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> writes:

> > I noticed that `installboot' and the `biosboot.sym' sources changed about 2
> > weeks ago. Did it break then? Are there people out there that have tried
> > installing a new bootblock recently, and have no problems with it?
> No, I had the same experience as you.  I installed the new boot blocks
> on my lap top and now I can only boot from floppy.

This is rather strange.  I have sources from 08/03.  I just built a
serial line debug biosboot.sym as well as regular biosboot.sym.
They both work fine.  I did notice that installboot did not build
so I used the one from my old 07/07 build.

I intend to commit some changes to improve/tweek the serial boot
process.  I don't think they should effect the above issue.