Subject: Question on pkgsrc/cross
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1998 12:31:00
    I have noticed some recent commits to a directory pkgsrc/cross,
which I can only assume set up cross compiling to the named platforms.
Unfortunately, this directory was apparently not picked up by the daily
CVS update this morning (I did not see it on the listing, and it is not
on ftp.netbsd.org).  Can somebody please fix this, or is there a reason
this has not been released yet?  I have several different NetBSD
architectures, but only one of them compiles with any speed..  =)  I
would love to be able to build for all of my platforms from this one box.

    On that note, how difficult is it to make packages to cross compile
to other NetBSD architectures?  The only NetBSD target I saw committed
was for the Alpha.  Would it be easy to modify this package to do other
targets (namely sparc, mac68k and pmax), or is there a lot of work
involved in making one of these packages?

    Thanks in advance!  The pkg system just gets better by the day!

                                                          Will Ferry

 William O Ferry  <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger: woferry@Light.RES.CMU.EDU
 http://light.res.cmu.edu/~woferry/ | talk:   finger for online status