Subject: Re: IPNAT rules?
To: John Kohl <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/1998 22:10:18
John Kohl wrote:
> I'm trying to set up IPNAT for my home network<>cable modem.  I've had
> zero success in trying the rules shown in /usr/share/examples/ipf/
> Any of you have IPNAT working who could lend some advice?
> How do I get any logging out of the IPNAT module in the ipfilter device,
> to help me debug it?

map ppp0 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 40000:60000
map ppp0 -> 0/32
# To make ftp work, using the internal ftp proxy, use:
map ppp0 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp

works perfectly okay for me.

I think it's mandatory to enable ipf (ipf -E) first, but I may be wrong.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.