Subject: Re: spell
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@arioch.imrryr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1998 18:02:07
Todd Vierling wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Segmentation Violation.  Core dumped. wrote:
>
>: I notice we don't have a "spell" program (not like we _need_ it, right? :-/)
>:
>: If my analytical logic is correct, functionally it's nothing more than:
>
>It's a lot more than that.
>
>Does the GNU ispell have a command-line spell variant that we may be
>able to use (particularly for things like Pine which have a spell-check
>hotkey)?  I haven't ever used the GNU ispell....

I think that ispell -l is what you are looking for.  It behaves like
the spells that I've used in the past and integrates nicely with pine.
I just created a little script called spell:

#!/bin/sh
ispell -l $@

That sort of thing, I am sure that it was more complicated, but pine, if
I recall, and the like programs just want words on stdin and they output
misspelled words on stdout...

 == Roland
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/