Subject: Re: pine behaving wonky
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com (After 5 PM please slip brain>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1998 10:32:53
In message <199808010738.AAA01294@starwolf.com>, After 5 PM please slip brain t
hrough slot in door. writes:
>I'm running pine 4.0, freshly compiled, up-to-date kernel and userland.
>I go to compose a message, and lo and behold, it goes into constant disk-
>interrupt mode, writing nothing but 8k-sized blocks of the letter 'U'.
>Whither, I know not.
>
>I'd like to introduce my less-knowledgable family to "pine" rather than
>"mail", but this is prohibiting this move...

Every time I've had trouble with pine, it's turned out that someone has
removed <unistd.h> because there are mythical platforms which choke on it,
and it's getting off_t wrong.

This may not be your problem, but it's a great place to start looking.

I guess I'd ktrace the bugger and see what it's doing.

-s