Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 PS/2 and MCA Bus Support
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1998 10:17:22
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > Is there any reason not to include Scott Telford's PS/2 and MCA Bus Support
> > into the source tree?  (http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~st/netbsd-mca.html)
>
> I think because it's all still at NetBSD 1.2.
>
> If it used the bus_space interface, I think a lot of the changes to other
> drivers would be minimal, and it'd sprout new devices much easier.

I don't really like the sprinkling of defines throughout the i386
tree to specify level triggered interrupts (eg npx on isa).  Is this
the best approach, or should these drivers be reproduced in
/sys/arch/i386/mca/?  Same can be said for dev/isa/com.c, dev/isa/lpt.c
etc)?

This is why I ask.  Updating it to bus_space isn't a problem, doing
it the Right Way could be.

Gregory McGarry
g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au