Subject: README: changes to CS8900 driver
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1998 18:33:30
Hi folks...

I have finished (well, except for some cleanup) splitting the CS8900
driver and making it machine-independent.  There is now a proper isa
and ofisa front-end in machine-independent code.  It is confirmed to
work on the Shark, and compiles on the i386.

Shark users, you must update your config file (see SHARK for an example),
and the kernel will now report it as:

cs0 at ofisa0 (ethernet@i300): CRUS,CS8900
cs0: CS8900 rev. F, address 08:00:2b:81:63:01, media UTP

Also, I have added ifmedia support, so it may actually be possible to
enable 10Mb/full-duplex on the Shark now :-)

The driver supports DMA and memory-mode for now.  Support for I/O-mode
operation needs to be added.  Also, if someone could report to me the
PnP IDs for CS8900-based ISA cards, a PnP front-end could be whipped
up in short order.

The CS8920 and CS8920M are not supported, yet, but that should be fairly
easy to add, including media auto-detection.

If you encounter problems, or have questions, please let me know.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942