Subject: warning: double match for boot device (sd1, sd2)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1998 00:47:51
After unsuccessfully trying to change my partition IDs from 0xA5 to 0xA9,
I had to use pfdisk to copy the (DOS/MBR) partition table(1) from my sd1
to my sd2. After that I get a warning that there's a double match for the
boot device:

sd0: no disk label
WARNING: old BSD partition ID!
WARNING: old BSD partition ID!
warning: double match for boot device (sd1, sd2)
boot device: sd1
root on sd1a dumps on sd1b

This was no problem before I copied the partition table with pfdisk. I do
use Windows NT's bootloader with special bootblocks who know that there's
a sd1 and a sd2, both with root and swap on them, which do work fine: they
indicate they're booting sd1:netbsd or sd2:netbsd, but the kernel then
brings that warning and always choses sd1 to use for the root filesystem,
even if I want it to use sd2a.

Does anyone know what's to set to get rid of this behaviour?

TIA,

	Hubert

(1) What I did was:
	pfdisk 1