Subject: Re: Mac Floppy utility
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Henry B. Hotz <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/1998 16:41:03
At 8:41 PM -0700 7/23/98, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>Does anyone know of a utility which will let me write an arbitrary file
>out to a floppy? Something like rawrite (sp?) does under DOS, or dd
>if=a_file of=/dev/rfd0a does under NetBSD?

I used rawrite (sp?) under Virtual PC with no problems to create a FreeBSD
boot floppy.  (It couldn't find the virtual disk drives to load anything
onto though so I couldn't install FreeBSD under Virtual PC.  The floppy
booted VPC OK though.)

Feasibility of a new signature is currently being evaluated., or