Subject: Re: Spam
To: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/1998 23:14:45
On Jul 23,  3:50pm, rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu wrote:
>But, the fact that you have written to this list means that the
>programs that eat archives and spit out mail addresses will eventually
>find you and soon enough you will be getting mail direct to your
>address.

Eskimo is quite good at filtering spam.  About a quarter of the spam I get
nowadays comes via the NetBSD maillists (which shows how much I actually
get), and procmail gets 99% of what does come through.  You may note that
I've never munged my address...

I used to get 100-200 spams a week at work (mostly triplicates, because
I've used three different machines to post to news over the last 10 years),
but it has dropped off quite a bit recently.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.
		-- Mark Twain