Subject: Mac Floppy utility
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/1998 20:41:39
Does anyone know of a utility which will let me write an arbitrary file
out to a floppy? Something like rawrite (sp?) does under DOS, or dd
if=a_file of=/dev/rfd0a does under NetBSD?

I'm having a LOT of problems getting my G3 to boot, and am wondering if
part of the problem's that I'm making the floppies with the i386 at work,
and the G3 doesn't like them.

Even if that's not the problem, it'd be much easier to be able to make
disks on the G3 as the i386 is at work and the G3's at home.

Or, does anyone know of a program which can convert a floppy image into
the image formats used either by DiskCopy (Apple's format), or Norton
Utilities?

Thanks!

Take care,

Bill