Subject: Re: Spam
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1998 23:45:51

> >I used to live in Washington State (now in Idaho,) but I know several people
> >in Wa that run NetBSD. Why?
>
> Washington State now has an "anti-spam" law in effect.  It took effect in
> June.  There are some know suits in progress due to this law.

According to the papers here (Monday?), it was successfully prosecuted and
the SPAM recipient won the award.  Of course, there's that little problem of
'collecting', but other than that, it looks like a Win for the Internet.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom