Subject: Re: things I noticed with NetBSD on my laptop
To: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1998 15:33:37
[apm sleep mode]

On Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 12:18:58PM -0700, Dustin Sallings wrote:
> 	My machine just completely freezes up.  One time, I was actually able
> to switch consoles and type something before it froze up, but I think I was
> just lucky that time, every other time I've sent it to sleep, it completely
> froze (no network, no console).

Hm.  I just added more RAM to my ThinkPad and now apm -z works no more.
Before, the machine entered hibernation mode (BIOS saved all RAM on the
hard disk), but now the RAM contents aren't saved on disk and the system
keeps running.  Only the hard disk and display are turned off; DRAM
refresh continues (and power consumption remains high).

Oh well.. :-/

  -jm