Subject: Re: de21140A woes
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Sainty <dave@dtsp.co.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1998 11:41:09
Dave Sainty writes:

> If I ping one end from the other, the replies usually turn up (some
> get lost), but what sometimes happens is a big delay will
> spontaneously occur, after which several replies will appear at once.
> The packets aren't lost, they just take 12 seconds to get down my
> 100Mb full duplex link and back again.

Well, after upgrading my server to current(now) (something I was
trying to avoid) the problem goes away.  It's suspicious that I never
had the problem before when the client kernel was older, but I'll say
for the sake of argument that the problem was in the old (May) kernel,
and the new sources are fine.

Dave.