Subject: Re: maketars warning.. usr.bin/ar not in Makefile?
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1998 22:36:27
> The `ar' program is now built from src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ar (sources are
> actually in src/gnu/dist/{bfd,libiberty,binutils}) as of a while
> ago.

I was about to ask the similar question... I noticed that I still have the
directories /usr/src/usr.bin/{ar,nm,strip,ranlib,size,strip} in my
source tree along with similar directories in ..../gnu/.... subtree.

Does the comment above mean that I can safely delete those directories
from /usr/src/usr.bin? I might have created the source tree from some
tar files and sup did not know to delete those files and directories.

	Taras Ivanenko.