Subject: Re: top
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/1998 10:57:39
Thus spake Patrick Welche
> Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > UVM=yes
> > PMAP_NEW=yes
> >
> > in /etc/mk.conf?
>
> Well nearly:
>
> EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM=yes
> UVM=1
> PMAP_NEW=1
> USE_EGCS=1

This brings up another question for me.  I have been asking about kernel
panics and I may have found the problem.  It appears that defining those
constants to anything is enough to trigger the code but perhaps it is
not consistent.  I had UVM in the kernel that was causing all the panics
so I removed it and changed the "yes" to a "no" in the mk.conf file.  It
looks like that caused the UVM code to be triggered just as if I had said
"yse."  Perhaps your problem is that sometime it needs "yes" and sometimes
it needs anything so your "1" is ambiguous.

I'm just guessing here.  Anyone more familiar with it know for sure?