Subject: current-users@netbsd.org
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1998 09:08:23
Hello,

I have problem connecting the SMC EtherPower II (EPIC/100) card to
our oldish 10Mb hub. The output hangs and the driver reports
"epic0: device timeout". Diagnostic LEDs are in normal state (link=on,receive
blinking, 100mb=off,duplex=off).

I have tried to set 10Mb speed with

        bus_space_write_4(st, sh, EPIC_MMDATA, 0x2000);
        bus_space_write_4(st, sh, EPIC_MMCTL, MMCTL_WRITE);
        delay(100);

in epic_init() but this worked only 2 times out of 6 attempts.
Trying to set various media with EZSTART.EXE makes no difference.
The card works fine with new 100Mb hub.

I use Jul 4 source tarball, the driver is
$NetBSD: smc83c170.c,v 1.1 1998/06/02 01:29:42 thorpej Exp $

If anybody has any suggestion how to make it work, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
           If God had meant for us to be in the Army,