Subject: Re: More on the gui install thing.
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/1998 16:27:12
Jonathan Stone wrote:
> Plus, getting fitting even ncurses into the install boot-floppies may
> be problematical. What did you have in mind?  It sounds interesting.

Having done a bit of hacking on our curses, it's possible to have escape
key recognition and bold/reverse/underscore in a (admittedly simple)
program that is less than 150K on the sparc [*].  I don't see too many
problems in adding colour support, although termcap entries may have to
grow (say to 2k or 4k).  I think you could do a pretty reasonable install
system with just text anyway.

[*] Then again, the dynamic curses library is only 69K.

--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.