Subject: Re: Console messages in X
To: Abraham J. Stephens <>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/1998 22:15:27
>heres the problem. When I'm in X all my console messages (ie errors, inetd
>messages, other such stuff) appears on the bottom of the desktop out of
>thin air.  This makes a mess of all the windows on that desktop and forces
>a user to refresh the desktop every couple minutes. (I'm afraid of what
>Any suggestions?
>	      Abraham J. Stephens

Hi, Abraham

You need to use xconsole or sth similar to take the console
message.  To do this, you may need to recompile your kernel with
option UCONSOLE enabled.

Check for details.

   Ruibiao Qiu
   Research Assistant
   Applied Research Laboratory
   Department of Computer Science
   Washington University
   Campus Box 1045
   One Brookings Drive              Tel. (314)935-8563
   St. Louis, MO 63130-4899 USA     Fax  (314)935-7302