Subject: Re: Build from Tues night fails ...
To: John F. Woods <jfw@funhouse.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1998 15:40:01
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, John F. Woods wrote:

: The dependency of the .o files on parse.h ought to be figured out by the make
: depend step.  I'll bet the motivation for this is to ensure that parse.h
: *exists* during the make depend step, by ensuring that "make depend" runs
: the parse-h rule to generate parse.h as part of ensuring that lex.c et al
: are "up to date".  If so, there has to be a better way to express that...
: (I guess "lint" should also depend on parse-h.)

This is egcs cc1plus, right?  (I didn't see the start of this thread, for
some reason.)  This was probably a bad thing on my part - the dependencies
should be on .o, not .c.

The parse-h thing is done so that make will tack something on to the end of
parse.h between the yacc processing of parse.y and the compiling of the
source files.  Check the cc1plus/Makefile and look carefully at the parse-h
target.

I've committed a fix for this (which changes the .c's to .o's).