Subject: Build from Tues night fails ...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1998 22:47:49
There are two problems:

	The first has to do with building in an obj tree.  In
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/cc1plus/Makefile, we have the
following dependency:
lex.c pt.c spew.c: parse-h
This works fine if you do not have an obj dir, but if you do
it will try to find lex.c and friends in obj rather than ${.CURDIR}.
The following will work:
.if exists(obj)
./lex.c ./pt.c ./spew.c: parse-h
.else
lex.c pt.c spew.c: parse-h
.endif
But it's hardly, esthetic.  Is there a better solution.
	This same problem happens with:
/usr2/src/usr.sbin/gspa/gspa/Makefile

I'll commit the suggested fix Friday, if nothing better gets
discussed by then.

	For the second problem, someone needs to look at building
telnet (domestic) and straigthen things out.  It won't build w/o
WARNS=0.  Further, in the domestic/libtelnet/auth.c someone changed
auth_scan to a void function from a function taking a char *.  The
declaration in lib/libtelnet/auth-proto.h and use in
lib/libtelnet/auth.c have it taking a char *.  Some related program (I
lost the name) uses a table of functions including auth_scan, but all
the other functions take a char *.  So auth_scan must be defined that
way.  Finally, telnetd and telnet (domestic) did not link because the
make process grabbed the wrong encrypt.c to compile (the empty one) --
not the domestic one.

PS
I want to thank Phil Nelson for helping me along in the build process
and looking at these problems with me.